- 1 Package Vanilla Reko Pizzelle
- 16 ounces / 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 ounces / ½ cup light corn syrup
- 8 ounces / 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- Whipped Cream
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and non stick cooking spray.
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- Place ice and cold water in a large bowl, large enough to hold saucepan.
- Mix the sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Continue to cook for approximately 10 to 20 minutes. Prevent crystallization by occasionally wiping down the sides of the saucepan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately immerse the bottom in the prepared ice bath.
- Once the bubbles have stopped rising from the mixture, begin dipping the strawberries into the mixture and let excess drip off the end. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with all berries.
- Allow them to cool.
- Add whipped cream to Reko Pizzelle of choice and top with candied berries. Enjoy!