Serves: 4 | Prep time: 25 min + freezing
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 heaping scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 pizzelle cookies
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, figs and thyme.
- Top four cookies with a scoop of ice cream.
- Sprinkle with half of the walnut mixture and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Combine cheese and vinegar. Spread over remaining cookies; place over top of sandwiches.
- Press remaining walnut mixture into sides. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home