- 2-7 oz. packages of Reko Pizzelle Cookies
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-cup peanut butter
- 4 cups nondairy whipped topping OR dairy heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Prepare the peanut butter sugar: in the bowl of an electric mixer by combining confectioners’ sugar and peanut butter.
- Mix on low speed until the mixture looks like peanut butter-flavored sugar. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Wipe the bowl. Pour whipped topping and vanilla into the bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using an offset spatula, spread a little whipped topping on a large round cake plate so that the cookies stay in place.
- Arrange 6 cookies in a circle on the plate, with an additional cookie inside the circle.
- Spread a thin layer of cream on top of the cookies. This is easiest to do with an offset spatula, which has a long, flat metal head. If you don’t have one, add the cream to a piping bag or resealable plastic bag with one corner snipped off, and pipe a swirl of cream over the cookies.
- Sprinkle cream with about ¼ cup peanut butter sugar. Top with another layer of pizzelle cookies and continue to layer cookies, cream, and peanut butter sugar until the cake is 8-10 layers high. Refrigerate cake overnight before slicing.